How to navigate Thursday night TV

Why do they do this to us? Why do they have to stick all the good shows on one night? Let’s look at 9PM (Eastern) on Thursday:

CBS – CSI
NBC – The Office & 30 Rock
FOX – Fringe
ABC – Grey’s Anatomy
CW – Supernatural
And part of the season
USA – Burn Notice

All of these are top quality shows that deserve your attention. OK, maybe not Grey’s. I can’t stand it, but a lot of otherwise intelligent people seem to be addicted to it! It also doesn’t take into consideration televised sports and, well, a social life.

My solution was arrived at after a great deal of list-making, hair-pulling, and mind-changing. I watch Fringe at 9PM, mostly because I just can’t wait to see what happens and I frequent a community forum and don’t want to be late to the party. I record CSI, The Office, and 30 Rock and watch them over the weekend. And I try to catch Supernatural online, but haven’t been finding the time. So I hope it’s still available at the end of the season.

Mind you, this doesn’t even include what’s going on at 8 and 10! So how do you navigate the most difficult night of the week for TV-aholics? Multiple televisions? PIP? Time travel?

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I gave up Office. And I never started Fringe or Supernatural. But I used to watch Survivor, and I do watch the Mentalist, Grey's, and Private practice.. Seems like there's even something else on Thursdays.

Tuesdays are a bit of a problem for me too, considering Biggest Loser, Idol, and Lost.

Found your blog from your comment at Blogussion-- will be following, I love TV too!

KimS said...

Thanks, Whitney! They always put all the good stuff on opposite each other.

I'm actually in the process of moving the blog over to my own address. I'll post it shortly, and would love it if you follow me over there. Thanks for stopping by!