My TV Week So Far – Amazing Race, Top Chef, and Brooke Shields

I have been watching a lot of baseball and hockey this week, so my viewing schedule is a little off. But I am still incredulous (yes, incredulous!) that Mika wouldn’t go down the water slide on The Amazing Race. Listen, I’m not a big fan of heights myself, but it’s for a million dollars! And has she ever watched the show? Heights, water, tight spaces…it’s part of the deal.

Don’t even get me started on the fact that she was wearing swimmies.
On national television. Or that her boyfriend seemed more than willing to forcibly shove her off the platform, despite her screaming and crying. And then he berated the Globetrotters for talking smack? Ummm, you were going to pick her up and basically throw her off the side of the building! I guess it’s okay though, because she was wearing swimmies…



What does Robin have to do to be sent home from Top Chef? She is so obviously out of her depth, that I would feel bad for her if she wasn’t such an annoying mess. My pick for this season is definitely Kevin – funny, sweet, and winning tons of challenges.

Is anyone else creeped out by the Brooke Shields Latisse commercials? The concept of rubbing chemicals on your eyeball every night just to lengthen your lashes is bizarre. The fact that a recognizable star would consider this an issue to attach her name to is even more out-there. And does anyone believe Shields has sparse lashes? I’d say I have lost respect for her, but honestly, did I have any reason to respect her in the first place?

P.S. – I am giving Flash Forward another chance tonight. Please, give me a reason to keep watching! I want to like you :)

0 comments: